LIFE IN INDIA. Get yours at bighugelabs.com/flickr

Woman of the World

2:39 AM / Posted by Unknown /


Woman of the World, originally uploaded by Kausthub.

Barathi was her name. The ame literally means "the one who carries responsibility". We met her during the last trip to Pondicherry and when I saw her at a distance aimed my telephoto and snapped this image.

She was confident in her stride. She was joyful in her emotion. She was sure about her destiny.

When she came closer I showed her the picture, and she was very happy. It turns out that she was carrying food to sell at the market. She had prepared it, after preparing meals for her family, getting her children ready to school, taking care of her in-laws, and also her husband. When I asked her how she managed all these responsibilities and yet was smiling, all she said was "I am so happy doing it."

I salute this woman of the world, who really walks confidently and effortlessly bearing all responsibilities.

Photographed with Canon EOS 5D Mark II and Canon EF 100-400mm F4.5-6.6 USM L Lens. Handheld.

Labels: ,

0 comments:

Post a Comment